I suggest celebrating this 4th of July, 2021, in a mindful way in the light of the war within the country over the mind and soul of America. Most of you know I started a weekly, 5-minute podcast, Talking Main Street with Stepheny. Though a few days early, Episode 11 is about Celebrating the 4th with a patriotic heart. I hope my point of view will cause you to do your own remembering of what the 4th symbolizes in your experience and the preserving of our nation.
Episode #14: Listening to Armand Gamache and the Choices We All Must Make – Talking Main Street With Stepheny
Once again Stepheny's reading life influences her approach to the 5-minute podcast, Talking Main Street with Stepheny. She suggests an independent watch dog committee over the $1.4 million Hud grant coming Rocky Mount's way. She begins with a conversation in a mystery novel about making choices. President Reagan makes an appearance as does Shelby Steele, Sr. Fellow at Stanford's Hoover Institute. Implicit in Stepheny's view is living together in peace and harmony and love with our brother's and sister's who deserve safe housing and safe neighborhoods.
- Episode #14: Listening to Armand Gamache and the Choices We All Must Make
- Episode 13: If only Planting a Tree Were Enough
- Episode 12: The Bungalows of Rocky Mount – Another Architectural Asset That Needs Advocates
- Episode 11: Celebrating the 4th of July With Patriotic Hearts
- Episode 10 – $1.4 million – Grant Money From HUD