I suggest celebrating this 4th of July, 2021, in a mindful way in the light of the war within the country over the mind and soul of America. Most of you know I started a weekly, 5-minute podcast, Talking Main Street with Stepheny. Though a few days early, Episode 11 is about Celebrating the 4th with a patriotic heart. I hope my point of view will cause you to do your own remembering of what the 4th symbolizes in your experience and the preserving of our nation.
Episode 22: The Proposed City Land Grant – Talking Main Street With Stepheny
- Episode 22: The Proposed City Land Grant
- Episode 21: The Moe Deloach Generation: Picking Up The Right End of The Stick
- Episode 20- The Railroad Detective, Fred Holdsworth, the Rocky Mount Train Families, and a Question
- Episode 19: Adding Another August to Our Memories
- Episode 18: Rose Street is on Fire – The Susan Cole Home Deserves the Cover of a Preservation Magazine
I hope you have started listening to the 5-minute podcast, Talking Main Street with Stepheny. The brick of Rocky Mount is near to my heart. I would like you to appreciate the beauty of brick in the commercial architecture of Main Street and beyond. I’m learning ‘more better’ with each episode. Put brick on your radar and enjoy the scene.
HERE IS THE AUDIO FOR EPISODE 9 – “Every Brick Wants to be Something